RadioQuébec
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
RadioQuébec

Ligne-ouverte

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Sortie PlayStation 5 Pro : où ...
Voir le deal

Numéris : Un ex-membre d'un panel PPM s'exprime !

AuteurMessage
Couillon anonyme

Couillon anonyme

Numéris : Un ex-membre d'un panel PPM s'exprime ! Empty
MessageSujet: Numéris : Un ex-membre d'un panel PPM s'exprime !   Numéris : Un ex-membre d'un panel PPM s'exprime ! EmptyDim 13 Sep 2020 - 21:33

Citation :
INSIGHT: I recently resigned voluntarily from the meter panel of Numeris, the data collection agency broadcasters rely on for information regarding media viewing habits and audience #s. I want to thank Numeris for the opportunity. I also would like to share some insights gained.
Citation :
I was part of the panel for around 5 years (don't remember when I first signed on), and signed a contract to not disclose my participation in the panel to anyone, particularly members of the media.

I was not prived to any data in advance nor given free access to rating books.
Citation :
My decision to resign from the panel is simple. If I wasn't a big fan of wearing the Numeris meter, I wasn't about to make my wife wear one now that she moved into our place after we got married.

All members of the household must wear the meter.
http://en.numeris.ca/participants/meter-panel
Citation :
The meter technology is pretty ancient and out of date for today's media consumption, yet I can't think of a quality replacement tool aside from bugging personal devices. On the other hand, I can see how the data captured can be used as comparison rather than total audience.
Citation :
The meter itself is not small and must be worn, the size of the old fashion pager. It can't simply be placed in the middle of the room to capture media signals. You're to carry it everywhere to capture signals when you're at a restaurant or a friend's house watching, say, a game.
Citation :
It'll pick up the signal from the radio station that's being played at your barber shop and count you as a listener. If you're watching a game at the bar, it'll pick up the signal and know that you're not home, which I believe they'll assume you're watching with others.
Citation :
Hard to see anyone younger than 30 years old flooding to Numeris wanting to participate, even if they get paid as much as $2.50 a week for it. You're encouraged to wear it more for prizes as it tracks how long a day you wear it, but this former panelist never won any lol.
Citation :
In short - Numeris figures aren't accurate for media consumption in 2020 (i.e. which radio station of all genres has the most listeners), but it's still a reliable tool for comparison (i.e. which sports network receives more viewership).

Source : https://twitter.com/SportsMediaCAN/status/1304241659538882561
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Numéris : Un ex-membre d'un panel PPM s'exprime !
Page 1 sur 1